Get Relief for Your Weekly Migraines
Discover which treatment will end your chronic migraine pattern
Take Our Chronic Migraine Questionnaire
- Not sure if your severe headaches are actually chronic migraines?
- Find out if you’re one of the 3.2 million Americans who suffer from Chronic Migraines
- Take our short questionnaire and get a free Migraine Diary to track your symptoms
- Already know you suffer from chronic migraines?
- Choosing a strategy to manage your migraines depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions
- Download our free Treatment Comparison chart to evaluate your options and findout what solution is right for you
Learn About Our Long-term Migraine Solution
- Have you tried everything else?
- The Omega procedure is a long-term solution for chronic migraines
- Request a free migraine evaluation to find out if you’re a candidate for our innovative Omega procedure
Take Our Chronic Migraine Questionnaire
Find out if you suffer from chronic migraines
To find out if you may be one of the 3.2 million Americans who suffer from this condition, take our short chronic migraine questionnaire. Along with your results, you will receive a free Migraine Diary to help you track your symptoms and assist in your diagnosis.
Common Symptoms of Chronic Migraines May Include:
- Pulsating pain
- Loss of appetite
- Numbness, Tingling, Weakness
- Pain localized to one side of head (hemicranial)
- Facial pain (trigeminal neuralgia)
Compare Treatment Options
Figure out which treatment fits you
Over-the-counter and prescription medications fall under the category of abortive methods. These methods are reactionary in nature and often relieve pain quickly or immediately, but do not lessen the severity or frequency of the headaches, nor do they prevent the recurrence of the headaches.
Interventional Pain Management techniques can be highly effective in treating headaches. These techniques may include intramuscular narcotic injections such as Demerol or Toradol to control pain. Nerve blocks, injections which paralyze nerves that transmit pain, can also be used by the physician to control pain. A few drugs used in nerve blocks include Botox, Depromedrone, and Sarapin.
Towards the end of the Interventional Pain Management spectrum is the use of minimally invasive surgical procedures. These include Epidural Steroid Injections (ESI), Facet Injections, Nerve Blocks, and Implantable Neurostimulation Devices. These methods may involve the cutting and/or removal of nerves and muscles.
The Omega Migraine Procedure
Within the last 15 years, implantable neurostimulation devices have proven to be very effective in treating chronic pain — including chronic migraine headaches. The Omega migraine procedure is a revolutionary migraine treatment that provides long-lasting relief for people who suffer from chronic, debilitating migraine pain.
Find Out if You’re a Candidate for our Long-Term Solution
Learn about our Omega Procedure
If you have exhausted all other treatment options and have still not found a solution that work for you, we may be able to help.
Our revolutionary migraine treatment, the Omega procedure, can provide long-lasting relief for people who suffer from chronic, debilitating migraine pain. In fact, the procedure is so effective, its innovators have been honored by the International Headache Society.
Based on the medical research and techniques discussed in Combined Occipital and Supraorbital Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Migraine Headaches — a medical white paper published in the March 2010 edition of Cephalalgia, the journal of The International Headache Society, the Omega procedure works by using gentle neurostimulation to treat both the occipital and supraorbital nerves that cause severe headache pain.
Benefits of the Omega Procedure Include:
- A significant reduction in chronic pain.
- Most patients have experienced an 80% to 100% reduction in their migraine pain.
- Most patients are able to completely stop taking migraine medications or greatly reduce the amount they take.
- Most patients no longer need to visit doctors or the hospital for migraine pain.
- Most can return to their normal work, school and family routines.
- Comfort — patients are usually not aware of the implant or only feel a gentle, soothing vibration.
- No physical limitations — patients can continue to play a wide range of sports.
- Superficial location under the skin — the implant cannot damage the brain, spine, major nerves or organs.
- The battery implant and wires typically cannot be seen.
- Ability to test the treatment before the actual procedure.
To find out if you are a candidate for our revolutionary Omega procedure, simply provide us your contact information so that one of our patient coordinators can discuss your options with you.
Research & News
Migraine Treatment Centers of America physicians have long been advocates of advancing medicine. They have most notably monitored the success of neurostimulation, which is the basis for the Omega migraine procedure.
Used for decades to treat back pain and other symptoms, neurostimulation was highlighted in Cephalalgia, the journal of the International Headache Society, for its success in treating migraine pain.
Patient education is an important part of our mission at Migraine Treatment Centers of America.
That’s why we routinely hold free seminars that provide individuals with the opportunity to learn about their treatment options, our partner physicians, and ask any questions they may have—at absolutely no cost.
Are you ready to live pain-free? Take the first step.
Migraine Treatment Centers of America offers treatment in several locations across the country.
Patients from California to Maine—as well as from four different continents—have come to Migraine Treatment Centers of America for exemplary care in coping with their debilitating migraine pain.